Summer Internship Program
MTech’s Summer Internship program is a great way to learn about various departments within a summer time frame. Interns will work with Project Managers, Engineering and other departments to learn the process and execution behind a Design Build strategy. This will include both office and field exposure in order to have a holistic understanding of our strategy.
Essential Job Functions
- Request submittals from vendors and subcontractors. Number, log and prepare for general contractor’s approval. Distribution of approved submittals to field managers, subcontractors, service, suppliers and others as required. Follow-up on all submittals and re-submittals.
- Job shadow in the field and office to learn the primary functions of different departments.
- Distribute and log current plans to field managers and subcontractors.
- Work with project manager and field managers to order and expedite all equipment and material. Coordinate with purchasing for equipment and material buyout. Track and log equipment as required.
- Number, log and submit all RFI’s and change documents to or from the general contractor. Log and distribute responses to appropriate parties for cost impact. Notify general contractor of cost impact via change order request. Follow-up for formal change orders.
- Request and follow-up on O&M manuals from vendors and subcontractors. Prepare the warranty statement. Assemble into a binder and submit to general contractor and service by the required due date.
- Work with the Engineering team to have exposure and insight into design process, understanding adjustments to design parameters, system solutions, etc.
- Potential observation and/or support in startup process .
- Other duties as assigned.
- In progress towards a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (with a focus on building systems), Architectural Engineering or Construction Management. Prefer a sophomore student or higher
- Working knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Windows and Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills
- HVAC design and/or system knowledge a plus.
To Apply for a Summer Internship, visit www.joinmtech.com
Project Engineer Rotation Program
Entry Level Project Engineering Program
Finishing your education and looking for a great place to grow your career?
Grow your career within our organization and truly find where you fit. MTech has developed the Project Engineer (PE) rotation program in order to grow a more technical group of employees throughout the organization.
Ideal candidates are entry-level Mechanical Engineers or Construction Management individuals with previous relevant internship experience. The end goal of the PE career path would be either a Project Manager, Engineer or Preconstruction position.
As a PE, you will benefit greatly from spending time in engineering, office construction operations and on-site construction operations. There are no set time frames nor is there a set order in which a rotation should be completed. The time you take and the order in which you decide to complete the rotations depends upon you.
Engineering and Project Management will review the status of each PE quarterly with regard to progression through the rotation to determine when you are ready to rotate.
For more information about the PE program, email: email@example.com